The goals of the Special Education Needs Department are as follows:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Identify students at risk of social, emotional, and psychological concerns.
- Provide short-term counseling or special needs intervention.
- Support students through small groups or individual intervention programs in dealing with various learning concerns.
- Promote growth, self-awareness, and appreciation of diversity.
We welcome children with a range of learning preferences, including ‘The Determined Ones’ (students with Specific learning concerns) and students who are gifted and talented. We are determined to make a change in the lives of these students by guaranteeing the right to receive a quality education. They will be actively supported to participate in the process of learning with appropriate education plans, accommodations, and curriculum modifications. Student Support Centre is functioning to cater to the individual needs of the students.
Parents are requested to please share full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist, Paediatric, or other specialists reports (e.g., Speech and Language or Occupational Therapy) if completed. Sharing educational history with us before a place being offered is essential so that staff can ensure an appropriate assessment of educational need, educational plan and resourcing are in place.